Sunday, July 13, 2008

Speechless

For a long time, I always heard about how quiet I am. Translation: I don't talk much around people I don't know well. Obviously I'm only quiet around people I don't know. H. has always told me I talk too much, especially at night when we go to bed. Lately he has mentioned that I talk too loud. He makes comments about how I don't have to yell, or that he IS in the same room, etc. I always brush it off and we laugh about it.

Tonight at dinner, I was talking to H. about a few things that really piss me off. Without going into detail about that, I'll just say that I was getting a little loud without realizing it. He kept telling me not to yell at him (I wasn't, just talking loudly I guess), and that he was sitting across the table. We laughed about it, and ate silently for a few minutes. When I started talking again K. put her hand up by her ear (more like her cheek, but in the general ear area) and said Mommy woud (loud)! Mommy woud! After laughing (A LOT!) I was left speechless.

No comments: