Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dogs

Anyone want a dog??! I have a lab, a golden retriever, and a mutt. Take your pick!

They are all sweet, are very good with kids, and potty trained. They also have some great flaws:

Buddy - the lab: chews!!! we have replaced the wires that connect the air conditioning unit to the house twice, replaced the hose that connects the propane to the grill twice, and he is now chewing the side of my husband's shop. Its the size of a two car garage, and we are going to have to replace all of the wood siding on it. He is driving us both nuts.

Boots - the golden retriever: he's only about 6 months old, but thinks he's the size of a chihuahua. He knocks K. down every time she is near him. Oh, and he is vocal. If he sees you he barks. If you tell him no, he barks as if he is talking back. This dog even barks at the wind.

Chico - the black chihuahua mix: He's actually a pretty good dog. We adopted him when he was about a year old. He was in an abusive situation before, which has caused him to have some weird quirks. For example: he cries out in his sleep. Its like a piercing, yelping sound. At first I thought he was sick, or something was wrong. A trip to the vet showed that everything was okay, so now I'm wondering if he is dreaming. He also cowers and shows his teeth at anything that is remotely shaped like a baseball bat. He even attacked a fishing pole once.

I wouldn't dream about getting rid of any of my zoo, but when H. wakes me up before he goes to work, yelling at ME because the dogs chewed the shop ... let's just say I'll consider new homes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my pets, really I do, but sometimes I would love just to not have to deal with them for a day or three. I totally hear what you're saying!