Monday, September 8, 2008

Damn you, Mario!

We bought a Wii about a year ago (used, with a few games included), and I never really got into it. H. surprised me with Wii Fit right after it came out, but I haven't really played it much.

We have multiple game systems (about 6!!), and I rarely play any of them.

And yet, I fell in love with Mario Cart on Wii. We've played it on the 64, but I didn't really get into it. See, I've always been one of those people who turn the controller when I am racing, thinking that it will help me move around the corner a little faster, or even stay on the track. With the new Mario Cart, you HAVE to turn the controller, just like a steering wheel of a car! In fact, if you buy the game as opposed to renting it, the wheel is packaged with the game.

So what is the problem? The fact that I stayed up till 2:00 am last night, forgot to do my reading for my class today, and I am already looking forward to playing again tonight!

Maybe I'll actually get some work done after the game goes back on Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, really? We have a Wii (and Wii Fit) but rarely play. I can only manage the easier games because it seems I lack some sort of gaming gene that gives me the coordination to know what I'm doing. But Mario Kart sounds fun!